Thursday 2 June 2011

Painted Stones

We got out the paints yesterday and let the kids loose in the backyard. Dangerous idea?? Maybe so, but they had so much fun. Since the garden is all planted, I was hoping to make some plant markers like these. These are what we ended up with.

Not quite what I had in mind, but great nonetheless. My little artists had a great morning. We used a silicone muffin tray for the paint. I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. It worked really well.



The best part was that there was no ruined clothes. It was a miracle, really. I've given up on trying to prevent it, since it was the source of much frustration. We had some painted hands and arms, but the clothing was spared. Hallelujah!





Q wanted to see what his sisters were up to, but was more interested in playing with his rock than in painting it. Give him another couple of months and I'm sure he will be right in there with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment