Friday 19 August 2011

Summer Lovin' - Had Me a Blast!!

Earlier this week, we got back from our summer holiday. Every year, we meet up with my side of the family and go camping together. This year, we met at Meeting Lake Regional Park in Saskatchewan. The kids had a blast playing on the beach with their cousins.
We went fishing together. My brother was nice enough to do the dirty work when he took all us girls out fishing. I caught 2 little Jack fish. Better than nothing. They are both back in the lake growing bigger, so I can catch them again next year. 
Monday, we planned on going to Blue Mountain, but we were really low on gas, and knew we needed to stop to fill up. This tiny little town called Rabbit Lake had a gas sign, but it was a misrepresentation. There was no service stations for 43 km in one direction and 76km in the other. We decided to attempt to drive to Blue Mountain and figure it out. We gave the owner of Blue Mountain some cash and they let us fill up from their big fuel tank. They saved the day. Nice people.
 Blue Mountain is between North Battleford and the campground we were staying at. It had a 500 meter zipline that we went on. The girls both had a fantastic ride down the hill, but Mr. Q started to cry every time we approached the tower, so we decided not to take him down. Miss C picked me a pretty flower. What a sweetheart!
Here we are flying down the zipline. Miss C and I went down together, sitting in the harnesses granny style. Matt and Miss A went down rodeo style. Miss C has asked me if we can go ziplining again about 10 times in the last half hour. The wind was really strong towards us, so Miss C and I didn't make it the whole way to the bottom and I had to pull us to the point where someone could grab onto my leg.
The top left picture is my grandma! I was really proud of her for making the leap. She is awesome! Way to go everyone! I thought this was such a fun, memorable activity. Thanks, Mom and Dad for such a fun outing.

I think my favorite part of the holiday was sitting around the campfire every night telling stories and talking with my family after the kids were tucked in bed, roasting marshmallows and looking at the stars. Gotta love that!
 Here's a blurry moment of peace on the way home. I do mean moment. It lasted all of 2 or 3 minutes. Mr Q was not a happy camper on the way home. We enjoyed the quiet while it lasted!




1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had such a fantastic time!!
    Such cute pics!
    XO
    PS Can I go ziplining with you next year??

    ReplyDelete