Wednesday 4 July 2012

Sum-Sum-Summatime!!

I've been looking forward to summer for the last few weeks. This is how Miss C, Mr. Q and I decorated the front door before Miss A got home from her last day of school on Thursday. It was great because Matt got home early from work that day, so we were all able to start off summer together, Creamsicle style.

I taught my last Zumba class of the session Thursday night and was up until 1am doing laundry & packing. Friday morning, the kids and I hopped in the car and headed off to Saskatchewan for a camping/family reunion fun. Matt stayed behind to work. Hopefully next time, he'll be able to come along as well.

The reunion was held at a tiny lake, between Duck Lake and Prince Albert called Chanté Lake. It was lovely. As soon as I stepped out of the car, the first thing I noticed was the smell of prairie sage, poplar trees and a hint of lake. It reminded me of the smell at my grandparents farm, just across the South Saskatchewan River from where we were camping.
I will post more about our trip later. I'm so happy that summer is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment